Difference between revisions of "6502"
Latest revision as of 10:41, 8 April 2022
Wanting to start sizecoding on a 6502 platform in this day and age can be tough.
So here is a bit of help to get you started:
The 6502 processor
The 6502 processor can be seen as the 8-bit micro ARM chip. It has only has 3 registers (Accumulator, X and Y registers) and a handful of instructions to work with.
To be added.
When using the 6502 for sizecoding, you'll mostly be working from zeropage
General 6502 Resources
- 6502.org http://www.6502.org/
- 6502 instruction reference http://www.6502.org/tutorials/6502opcodes.html
- 6502 books http://retro.hansotten.nl/6502-sbc/
- 6502 Assembler tutorial https://dwheeler.com/6502/oneelkruns/asm1step.html
- Easy 6502 code tester https://skilldrick.github.io/easy6502/
- Synthetic instructions https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Synthetic_instructions#8-bit_rotate